Still accepting requests, but be mindful:
current queue: 25
Firstly, I will not review erotica or what the lay people call romance novels. If your book has a picture of a woman with flowing locks and an unlaced chemise gazing longingly into an absurdly muscled (and inevitably half-naked) man’s eyes, then please seek a review elsewhere.
Secondly, I am happy to read an electronic copy of your manuscript. I will accept PDFs, Kindle gifts, ePubs, mobis, etc. I am also more than happy to read a print copy. *bats eyelashes*
- In addition to posting reviews on my blog, I also post them on Goodreads, and my blog itself will share my posts to my Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, G+, and Blog Lovin’ accounts.
Thirdly, it might be beneficial to know the types of books that I truly love (and the things I truly dislike):
- I like YA & NA lit (not middle grade fiction), but I will like it even better if it has a fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal skew.
- I really like books that make my heart race — because of action, not romance.
- Did you write a book about superheroes!? Oh. My. God. Please send that my way.
- Anything in the fantasy or science fiction genres.
- Comic books and graphic novels? Yes, please!
- I abhor love triangles. Period. The end.
- NO to stories where an animal is the main character or central figure.
- NO to mysteries.
- NO to christian/spiritual fic.
- NO to non-fiction, essays, collections of shorts stories, and collections of poems.
Fourthly, I reserve the right not to finish/review your book after I’ve accepted it. If, for whatever reason, the book and I don’t get along and I can’t finish it, you probably don’t want me to review it. So I won’t.
Lastly, please, for the love of everything, have a professional edit and proofread your manuscript. I can not stress enough the importance of a good editor. I don’t want to get bogged down in correcting your spelling and grammar, or worse, plot holes and inconsistencies, when I could be enjoying a really awesome story!
My rating scale is based on coffee cups. I drink a lot of caffeine…
= “I didn’t like it.” It may have had one or two redeeming qualities that allowed me to finish reading it.
= “I liked it.” A good read. Nothing really great, nothing really bad. Just a solid read.
= “I really liked it.” Well-developed characters, interesting plot, and believable dialogue.
= “I loved it.” I rarely give this out. Requires transcendence.
No, seriously. Give this a read before you fill out the box below.